Core Philosophy - Do the work!
- Do you find it hard to relax?
- Would you rather be DOING something?
- We value work ethic.
- We believe in the power of practice.
- Mastery is seeking to improve all aspects of your life.
- Learning is not a linear process.
- There is no such thing as perfection.
- Commitment to the arts and to each other is in years not days.
renshi lisa magiera
- 4th Degree Black Belt and Owner of Bushido Karate Dojo
- Head instructor for 10 different after-school elementary programs, reaching over 4,000 students in the 20 years that I've been teaching Karate
- As the Owner of BKD Fitness Center I've learned to balance sales and service in small town Maine
- Over the years I've have taught up to 30 classes per week, including the following modalities: Karate, Tai Chi, radKIDS, Swim Lessons, Barre, Zumba, Pilates, Step Aerobics, Kick Boxing, Strength Training, Boot Camp and Personal Training.
- Author of Get Up, Universal Lessons of Martial Arts
- In my thirties I competed in the Maine Karate Circuit, achieving State Champion status in both Kata and Weapons
- Licensed Funeral Attendant, although I prefer to be called Death Squad Captain
Core Philosophy - Do What You Love
- It is time to reinvigorate your love for the arts.
- Have you asked yourself, 'Am I essential?'
- The answer is, "YES YOU ARE!"
- Let's get back to living, and rebuild our schools.
- We will add essential elements to our business models.
- Create Culture and Community we Love.
- Displaced karate students are searching for a new dojo.
- The Traveling Dojo will build Martial Arts leaders.
Cultivating strong and resilient leaders is what we do.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Find out where and when our next event is happening!
Anyone can see where we have been.
Only Traveling Dojo Insiders will know the schedule of where and when we will be training - in the majestic state of Maine and Worldwide.
bushido karate dojo
- We believe that Karate Practice makes you Stronger in your Body.
- Self-Defense training makes you Feel Safer in your life.
- The brain-balancing, cross-body movements of martial arts make you Smarter for your life.
- BKD offers a Blended Style of Kyokushin and Isshinryu
- We are Owned and Operated by Renshi Lisa Magiera and her family
- BKD is located in Casco Village, population 1,500 year round residents
- Since 2004 Renshi Lisa has taught thousands of kids at BKD's Elementary School Programs
- Our Annual Karate Camp brings together styles and students from all over New England
- A Mom a Dad, 2 kids, and 2 dogs.
- Both of the kids are heading to college in the fall.
- Both of the dogs were rescued from Georgia.
- Sadie is part Labrador and part Chow, while Lily is part Kangaroo and part Cheetah.
- All of the people in our family are black belts in our karate school, Bushido Karate Dojo.
- Karate will always be at the heart of all things Lisa.
- Eric and Nick have taken to OneWheeling for their play.
- Jordan is a firefighter, and a combat engineer in the Army National Guard.