Core Philosophy - Do the work!
- Do you find it hard to relax?
- Would you rather be DOING something?
- I value work ethic.
- I believe in the power of practice.
- Mastery is seeking to improve all aspects of your life.
- Learning is not a linear process.
- There is no such thing as perfection.
- Commitment to the arts and to each other is in years not days.
renshi lisa magiera
- 4th Degree Black Belt and Owner of Bushido Karate Dojo
- Head instructor for 10 different after-school elementary programs, reaching over 4,000 students in the 20 years that I've been teaching Karate
- As the Owner of BKD Fitness Center I've learned to balance sales and service in small town Maine
- Over the years I've have taught up to 30 classes per week, including the following modalities: Karate, Tai Chi, radKIDS, Swim Lessons, Barre, Zumba, Pilates, Step Aerobics, Kick Boxing, Strength Training, Boot Camp and Personal Training.
- Author of Get Up, Universal Lessons of Martial Arts
- In my thirties I competed in the Maine Karate Circuit, achieving State Champion status in both Kata and Weapons
- Licensed Funeral Attendant, although I prefer to be called Death Squad Captain
Let's Stay in Touch
Find out what events I am hosting!
I have always loved to travel, and Maine is a great place for workshops of all kinds.
You can find us on the Casco Day Field in Casco for weekly karate training. I love the water and there will be at least one beach training in the near future!
Reach out and invite me to your campus for either a half or full day of training.
And to find out more about our research click below to go to the blog...